The diagram below gives a high level overview of our organisational structure.
Brief definition of roles:
UK Board of Trustees:
- Oversight of all operations of the charity.
- Management of the charity’s finances.
- Strategic planning
Kenya Council of Reference:
- Acts in an advisory capacity to offer relevant, indigenous knowledge, expertise and experience to the UK Board of Trustees.
- Offers a support network and accountability to Field Director(s).
- Offers legal advice.
- To lend capacity in fund-raising and networking
- Oversight of all operations of the charity in the USA
- Management of USA based support
- Fund-raising and networking
- Lead by Project Leaders
- Projects supported by Vision Africa governed by an annually renewable Partnership Agreement
- Operate independently of Vision Africa
- Responsible for running local projects & maintaining standards agreed with Vision Africa.
- Responsible for providing care and protection for the children in their projects.
Vision Africa Staff:
- Strategic global organisational development
- Oversight of staffing and financial matters – general management of Kenya staff team and operations.
- Oversight of Partner Projects – ensuring that Vision Africa establishes partnerships that reflect and embody our organisational values of integrity, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and innovation.
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Liaison with US Board, Kenya Board and UK Board –
- Oversight of US Board strategy
- Manage Global Partnerships
- Oversight of new Programme Area Development
- Accountable to UK Board for charity performance
Operations and Sustainability Officer
- Deputise for the CEO/Field Director should (s)he be unavailable
- Partner Project IGA development
- Partner Project technical capacity building
- Corporate networking and partnership strategy
- Engagement of interns and volunteers
- Oversight of Vision Africa Alumni
- Vision Africa social enterprise development